Pages

Sunday 4 September 2011

All the fun of the Kitsch and Stitch Fair!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yesterday, Saturday 3rd September dawned full of promise of a lovely day out in glorious weather, to the ancient and historic town of Cranbrook, Kent.
And I wasn’t disappointed!

This is the setting - the Vestry Hall in the town centre



This is Maygreen Fairies, and the lovely Amanda, who makes deliciously whimsical items centred around fairies.  Her cards in particular are to die for.


And here are some more of the stalls







 
And a close up of the previous stall




I hope this charming lady approves of her photo!






Sorry there are so few photos, but it was very busy and impossible not to get a lot of heads and arms instead of the goodies!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Cranbrook is worth a visit just for the delightful place it is, full of Kentish cottages, (or should that be "cottages of Kent"), white painted weather-boarding, and even its own working windmill.  The High Street boasts lots of independant shops and positively buzzes!



On the walk back to my car, I passed Cranbrook allotments – they were worthy of a blog post all of their own!


To finish the day, I drove to Sissinghurst Castle, the National Trust’s most visited garden, as it’s less than 2 miles away. This is part of the White Garden.


And finally I dropped in to Merriments Garden Centre, as I can’t just pass by all that temptation!

  All in all, a very pleasant day out and I can’t wait for the next Fair, which is December 3rd, in good time for Christmas. 

TTFN


4 comments:

MaygreenFairies said...

Ohh what a lovely post and thank you so much for your kind words about me, my stall and my art. I am going to write up my post tomorrow and will be sure to link to yours! Hugs, Amanda x

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

Mary this looks like a place I could get lost in for a few hours.

Great blog!

x Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Thank you ladies!

Debbie said...

I have just found this blog post. I'm one of the organisers for the fair. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and love the photographs you took. Did you manage to get to the last one? We have another coming up in a few months - come and say hi! xx